Sunday 17 July 2011

The walk

Sifting through old photo albums of people doing their nikah now and for some odd reason, I'm feeling nostalgic... wondering how it felt like for them , how their family members felt at the time and how relieved the couple must have been after weeks, months or even years of intense wedding preparations. I'm not even that stage yet and yet, I can still sense the feeling of happiness, joy and relief as I go towards the end of the album. I sincerely can't wait until it's my turn. :)

Anyways, salam ladies~

Lately I've been surrounded by a lot of baby bumps and baby talk, and it's making me think a lot about when I want to have them, how many and how soon. It may seem a bit too early to think about it but if any of you have realised, the countdown ticker on the right hand side of the page only indicates a solemnisation countdown. What happened to the sanding, you say? Well, that will be held at the end of the year/early next year. :)

Why the huge gap? Why not selajurkan saja tarus? Ohhhh I've got a whole list of reasons for this - one of which is financial planning and then there's waiting for my sister to be back in Brunei before we embark on a socially-official function... amongst a few others. The thing about doing something like this is: it's not widely culturally accepted yet, at least not within my parents and my grandparents' generation. They are so used to a full launch wedding ceremony, where the nikah precedes the malam berbedak and that precedes the bersanding ceremony so imagine their disbelief when this little, bride-to-be initially requested for a nikah only. Oh the heated discussions! Hehe.

Alhamdulillah, with Allah's grace and blessings, after all the discussions and initial hesitations, the parents and the grandmother eventually accepted the idea with a little bit of compromising of course - that we do the other events too but at a later date. And that, is how we got to be, ladies. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment