Tuesday 3 May 2011

Putting my feet up and on MUAs

Salam dearies,


Finally. After so many days of coming back home late after work, today I finally found the time to go back home immediately and just chill, sit back and relax. No more after work meet-ups (hopefully!), no more finding time to look for last minute arrangements. Just me, my laptop, my family and my home shorts. Ahhh blissssss~ :D

Having said that though, the past few days have all been about make-up trials and MUAs!

Credits: Google images

Ok, maybe that sounds just a liiiittle bit exaggerated. I've only done one make-up trial to date anyway. Hehe. Unfortunately for me though, this MUA's make-up style wasn't exactly what I wanted. The blend of powder and foundation was flawless, true, but what irked me was the eye make-up that he had on me - aduhaiiii~ punya basar my eyes jadinya!

Although the other-half assured me that I looked good, and I honestly do believe that he thinks that way, my parents weren't as affirmative. Mama just looked in slight shock and disbelief when she saw me, and Abah, who hardly tegurs my choice of make-up or clothes OR anything for that matter, immediately spoke up when he saw me back at home with the make-up. I think that's a huge no-no in itself. And I myself don't feel as confident with the make-up as well. Soooo sadly to say, I think I'm going to have to let go of this one. Don't get me wrong though - he is a good MUA, and is highly recommended by many and in fact, I've seen his work on other brides. He is immensely good, tapi on me, his make-up just doesn't look as good. Maybe it's my face kali? ;)

Sooooo what was initially a confirmed arrangement has now gone awry and now I have to look for other potential MUAs instead. I was a bit skeptical at first about contacting the more popular ones but the other half insisted that we tried our luck. Thankfully we did becos Alhamdulillah, we managed to book the well-known Hjh Zaleha for two of our events: nikah and malam berbedak. :D :D Unfortunately she's not available for our bersanding and malam ambil-ambilan. She says she's fully booked for that date, but I'm still thankful anyway. :)

But that still leaves quite a few more events to cover for MUA - engagement, malam silaturrahim, sanding and malam ambil-ambilan. Checked Syazlie and Flawless and Shimmer but they're booked for those dates as well. I've gone on to ask Suzy Niekman, also another popular, but she's also fully booked. So at the moment, I'm currently in the process of asking her sister to do some of my events, she's super good as well - hopefully that turns out with a positive outcome. Do pray for me!

Till next time bride-to-bes!

No comments:

Post a Comment