Thursday 12 May 2011

Slowly settling in

Salam all bride-to-bes!

Hope everybody is in the best of iman and health :)

Today has been a productive day, both with wedding preparations, work and life in general, syukur Alhamdulillah. After much delay and difficulty, I was finally able to transfer the first payment to my invitation vendor and just before lunch, I had my statutory declaration (for the alias in the name) cleared so that just needs to be delivered to the Jabatan Pendaftaran Perkahwinan for my sijil nikah to be processed and then we're pretty much set! At least for the time being lah. It feels good actually, to know that things are slowly settling in. :)

Anyways, just thought I'd share what I picked up yesterday during my second session for the kursus pra-nikah. The topic discussed was: the responsibilities and duties of a wife and husband. Truth be told, despite the amount of information I had to digest and take in for myself, I actually had such a good time listening to the speaker because he was sooooo hilarious! I was thinking about this randomly hari atu tapi andangnya kah kalau ustaz-ustaz becerita ani, drg kuat becali? Because I laughed sooo many times during the session, caliiii banar! Lol. But I guess yang penting, di sebalik semua jokes-jokes nya atu, the moral of the story remains kn? I guess it was his strategy to keep us awake and interested throughout his talk. Hehe.

Anyhow, there were a lot of interesting notes pointed out by the ustaz psal tanggungjawab bini-bini ani. I've heard of people saying that tanggungjawab bini-bini ani berat and after going through that sharing session, it is indeed as 'heavy' as a lot of women have said it would be. Obviously there's the whole housework and chores, being expected to serve your husband when needed, taking care of the children and family as a whole but what really struck me was, how important our roles as a wife to a husband are from a religious point of view. Kalau isteri nda menutup aurat and nda ditagur laki, laki dulu kana soalkan di akhirat. Kalau isteri nda menurut kehendak (batin) suami kemudian suami tidur dalam keadaan marah, isteri akan dilaknat dan tidur di dalam keadaan berdosa. Amongst many others, of course. Scary.. :S

As a future wife, it scares me to know that I have such a huge responsibility. But I do hope and pray that I'll be able to fulfil most, if not all, of the above. I pray that I'll be able to please my husband by being a good wife, a good mother to my children and most importantly, be a better Muslimah to my deen. InsyaAllah. Ameen.


No comments:

Post a Comment