Wednesday 20 April 2011

Babies!!

Salam~!


Yes, babies!! :D

I've been reading up wedding blog after wedding blog since the entire morning and this is probably the first time I've gotten teary-eyed from reading the entries - one of the former bride-to-bes is now a mother-in-the-making!! Yes, she's pregnant!! And she's only been married for two months! Heeeeeee, she's so lucky to be blessed and granted an offspring so soon, I'm so happy for her. :') Lately, I've been very hormonal (it's almost the T.O.T.M., you see) so anything even as remotely happy like this gets me all teary-eyed. But really, I'm soo happy for her!! Rezekinya awal dtg, Alhamdulillah. :) Plus babies are so cute anyway! Hehe.

Although it's a bit too early to be discussing about babies (nikah pun balum! lol), the other half and I have actually talked about this before. And I think it's even more important that we do, considering the fact that we're doing nikah first and then doing our sanding 5-6 months later. A good friend of mine warned me that by doing that, there's a chance that I'll get ''bunting pelamin'' - which apparently translates to having a baby bump on your bersanding (reception) day - and hence, people might 'talk'. Especially if the nikah is not known to others but only to your family members. So what is initially a 'halal' thing might actually be misconstrued as a negative 'accident' tah plang - 'eh, mcm beparut. be-isi kah ia?? baru jua ia kawin ni', you know that kind of thing. Padahal the marital relationship HAS been halal five months back.

The thought has actually given me quite a dilemma to be honest. Thankfully, the other half is very understanding and considerate of the whole situation. :) He's saying to just go with the flow and if Allah bestows upon us a baby/bump before our bersanding, then we'll take in it our stride. He's heard of stories where other couples have waited years and years to conceive and yet here we are, fussing over what we'll do if we get pregnant before our bersanding. I have to admit, he's right, it does sound kinda selfish of us. :S Plus we can only plan so much but in the end, Allah knows what's absolute best for us anyway. And our relationship would already be halal by then and that's all that matters kn?

Plus my other half would make a good father anyway :)

Till next post!

No comments:

Post a Comment