Wednesday 13 April 2011

Checklist!

Salam everyone~!

The man found an adorable iphone app for me this afternoon while we were out for lunch and I just had to share! It's a wedding countdown application that basically counts down the number of years, months, days, hours, minutes and even seconds! to the wedding date and looks something like this:


I actually have the exact same background as the photo above but the times lain lah. According to mine though, I am about 3 months left to go before the big day, eeks!! :O

Alhamdulillah, preparations have been going smoothly so far. My kain nikah has been sent for tailoring and although I was ridiculously worried about the outcome - will it be too extravagant? will it be too modern and breach the conservative norms? will it be too expensive?! - I eventually came to the realization that there's nothing much I could do now and the tailoring needs to be done anyway. Klau nda, nada baju nikah by July and I wouldn't want that! Lol. Plus I've sent it to a trusted tailor, whom I've heard many good reviews of, so what's left is to tawakal and pray for the very best outcome. Yes. Tawakal. *breathes in breathes out* Hehe.

Besides that, MUA has been confirmed! :D I'm also looking to another MUA who apparently does a clean and flawless job as well. Been trying to get a hold of him for the past two weeks but arrangements had to be rescheduled a number of times because of his very hectic schedule. That's just how popular he is! It kinda worries me actually, really want to book him for the other ceremonies. The good news is: I've managed to secure an appointment with him on the 1st May so here's to hoping that won't be postponed! Yes yes?

Photography and videography will be confirmed soon as well! I've done a lot of scouting for this but finallyyyy, we're meeting up with my planned photographer tomorrow and then the videographer on Friday so it's a pretty full schedule this week. I've been in touch by email with the photographer for quite some time now so it's very exciting that I'm actually meeting up with him tomorrow - his work, too, is absolutely gorgeous! :))

As for invitations, they will be sorted out soon. I've finally decided to do the nikah ones at home and the sanding ones in Indonesia, only because of the time-constraint and of course, budgeting wise. Hehehe. Catering and kems are still being scouted for but the parentals are in charge of that. As for campur, we're still waiting approval for a number of things but otherwise, we've still got a backup plan just in case that doesn't work out. The campur for the family gathering night has been decided tho! It'll be delicious delicious cupcakes from a local cupcake service here. I've heard amazing reviews from people so I've decided to give it a shot. Excitiingggg!! :D

Hmm... have I left out anything else? Oh yes, the pra-nikah courses have been set as well! So so happy for this :D The man and I have both been put into the May slots, well ahead of our actual nikah ceremony so it was very much a blessing, syukur Alhamdulillah :) I've joked around that we got into those slots because of his background :p But I suppose we just got lucky - good luck to the rest who are applying too! :)

Till then!

No comments:

Post a Comment