Friday 22 April 2011

Rings!

Salam dearies~

Today, it's rings!

I'm really really bad when it comes to choosing rings. One minute I would like this one particular design that I've had my eye on and then sudah diliat and dipakai banar-banar, nda tia suka. It would look too big on my finger tia, or it's a bit too bling-bling to my liking. *sigh* This, is going to be one tiring process, I'm afraid... :S

The good news is: the other half and I have begun looking around jewellery stores in Brunei for possible wedding rings and hopefully after our trip to Singapore or K.L. (to be decided!), we will finally have a decided ring by then. The plan for now is that my other half will choose my engagement ring for me but we'll both choose our nikah rings together. To be honest, I am sincerely, sincerely scared of the idea of him picking MY engagement ring for me (apparently, he's doing it on his own, with no mother OR sisters to help him out!! *double gasps* lol) BUT I am willing to be cooperative and will try to be understanding of the situation. He says it's more meaningful if we arrange it that way and I suppose he's right. If we bought it together, there wouldn't be an element of surprise to it kn? So although I'm still feeling a bit iffy about this, I'm still looking forward to his choice as well. I trust you syg :)

As for designs, I've got a few in mind at the moment. Ever since I found out I was getting married, I've had a soft spot for Tiffany and Co engagement rings. The tiffany novo is especially gorgeous! *melts*

I like the idea of the band being surrounded by small diamonds - the centrepiece diamond need not necessarily be big lah but this is oh-so-pretty! Unfortunately, it also doesn't come with a cheap price so we might need to settle for something less branded :( Oh tiffany's, mengaper lah awak ni mahal sangat! Hehehe.


The same ring on a bride's hand. Oh sooo prettyyyy!!

We were also given the idea of buying a solitaire ring for the engagement and then a wedding band for nikah by the sales assistants at Twinkles the other day so that I can combine and wear them together to look something like this:


or this:
When I thought about it, banar jua ah. So on normal occasions, I can just wear the wedding band tapi on special occasions, I can just put my solitaire ring over it - to enhance the beauty of the ring lah, so to say. :p

Initially I didn't quite like the idea of wearing a solitaire ring. I don't know why but while I was trying one on the other day, the stone looked like it was jutting out way too much from the band and made the ring look a bit... retarded? (lol, excuse my language here). But now that I've thought of it, mcm mana jua lagi arrangement diamond arah cincinnya if it's not jutting out? Lol lol. So now, I think I'll just go ahead with the solitaire ring + wedding band sja. :D Syg is soooo going to go crazy over this - I've changed my mind way too many times this week. :p

See? Eventhough it's jutting out, this one's pretty too! ;)

Till next post!

No comments:

Post a Comment