Thursday 14 April 2011

Photography

Salam all~

Feeling a bit down tonight but just thought I'd update a few things before going to sleep.

Sooooo I've met the coveted photographer I've been eyeing for earlier tonight and Alhamdulillah, the meeting went well. He wasn't quite the person I was expecting him to be physically (lol) but his work still amazes me nonetheless. :) In fact, after browsing through his portfolio, his photography was exactly the kind of style I was looking for - elegant and timeless. And what's best is: he keeps his photography collection private! I mean, I don't have anything against people looking at my wedding photos but as much as possible, I'd like to keep those 'people' exclusively to my family and friends saja. There's a limit to sharing things on the web and putting up my wedding pictures for the world to see surpasses that so yep, viewable to those who are dear and close to me only. :) I've confirmed with him the events that I would like him to do so all that is left now is to sign the agreement! Weehee! Can't wait! :D

Just in general, when choosing a photographer though, I think it's important to know what kind of style you're looking for. I'm no expert in photography styles and what not, but I do know that if I were to go for a style, I'd like an elegant and timeless feel to my photos. Something that, in ten years, makes me say, 'Wow. That's exactly the way I remember it when that happened' or 'That was the best moment of my life'. :)

I was talking about this with my photographer and he was saying that there's a range of photography styles in Brunei available, it's just up to you to decide which ones you want. Those with experience tend to be better with pose directions, while others with lesser experience tend to just leave you to decide on your own pose and 'be natural'. Being natural is not bad in its own but it does become a problem when the bride and groom are not comfortable with posing or simply just don't know how to pose! I certainly wouldn't want to be stuck in that rut! And then there are others who are very cheesy and like the 'Bollywood style' (says my photographer, lol) of peeking behind trees and tiangs what not. So it's important to know what kind of styles you like and what you prefer. And also, good to have a good rapport with your photographer as well. Make sure you're comfortable with him/her. You don't want to feel as if he/she is prying into your private space! :D

Here are some wedding shots (style?) I really like:




Very vintage-y and veryyyy pretty! And yes, for those who are very much into the Korean scene, these are taken from Yonghwa and Seohyun's photoshoot from WGM. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment