Wednesday 27 April 2011

On my not-so-potential videographer

Salam~

So I just got back from what was such a waste of time! I was meant to meet up with a potential videographer to discuss on our events and arrangements but guess what?? He. stood. us. up. !!! And that was after a courtesy reminder to remind him that we were meeting him tonight and after a change in appointment time just to accommodate him and his 'work' commitments! To make it worse, half an hour before the scheduled time, he requested whether it would be okay to meet him up at his home instead of the location we had both agreed on earlier. And then! When we didn't reply back, 'on second thoughts', he cheekily asked whether we can meet up another day instead! What in the world!!!

At that point, we were just speechless beyond belief. The other half was more pissed than I was because 1) this videographer thinks he's communicating with a girl (me) and syg didn't like the way he was treating me and 2) he reasoned that if the videographer was willing to do this on our first appointment, there is a fat chance that he will try his 'disappearance act' again on the actual wedding day. So without much hesitation, we decided to just cancel on him and look for one that is more professional in ways of handling their customers. It's just ridiculous. Zaman msa ani, ada jua org masih nda professional mcm ani rupanya. No wonder I've never heard of many recommendations about this place and I wonder why I was so adamant to try.

Its one thing to be busy with work and I can totally understand his priority with work and what not but its another thing to completely blow off an agreed appointment half an hour before the expected time. I just find that absolutely rude. What's even more irritating is that he was the one who suggested to meet up at specified day in the first place and had agreed with the specified times and locations! Kalau nda belaku, bgtau sja nda belaku. We can always arrange for another day bah. Nobody ever insisted on seeing him as soon as possible anyway. Really, really rude. And in Mum's word, 'kebesaran'.

I don't think it's my loss, to be honest. The market for videographers may be limited in Brunei but there's still more than just one videographer around here. And just because this videographer has recently 'broken into the regional scene', it certainly does not make him the best around - definitely not in terms of professionalism anyway.

Enough of ranting.

No comments:

Post a Comment